Sunday 9 December 2012

Geburtstag

Today marks 23rd year since I went through the birth canal.



My birthday is like the picture above ~ warm and colourful. with the people i love.
There is a yummy cake on the table, accompanied by my favourite food.
My dad is pouting with twinkle in his eyes, my mom is smiling and my brothers are teasing me with "you are old!"
I make my prayer, blow the candles, cut up the cake and ask my loved ones for their prayers as well.
My mom is the first to shower me with kisses and envelopes me in a warm embrace. and I say my thanks for  bringing me into the world.
Then I go and hug my dad and receives his stubby pecks.
My brothers bought me presents.
And we feast on my mom's delicious homecooked meal.

Except that all the above is just a mirage. I am actually spending my birthday alone, on my bed and haven't been speaking to a soul except my mom who called me when I was sleeping to wish me happy birthday. Obviously there's no cake because I am too lazy to go out and I ate the food from yesterday and had coco crunch for dinner. Whatever. Happy birthday to me. May Allah makes me an incredible Muslimah, bless my life, shower me with wisdom and integrity and let me die as a faithful servant. ameen.

It reminds me of Chris birthday.
On his birthday, I went for a day trip to Konstanz.
Konstanz is not that far away actually, but since there's Black Forest in between Konstanz and Freiburg, the journey is quite long.
I shall write about Konstanz sometime after.
Anyway, I got home (Chris and Iva's) past midnight and was rather hungry.
Turns out the lovebirds haven't gone to sleep.
They came and accompanied me for dinner.
Iva baked 2 types of cakes for Chris (lucky boy I know) ~ apple crumble and marble cake
When I was about to spoon the apple crumble, Iva suddenly remember that she put some alcohol in it but assures me that the alcohol has dissipated, so it is safe to eat it. (But now, after some research, I make a stand to not eat anything mixed with alcohol)
So I ate it. and I can detect the taste and smell of alcohol in my mouth.
So I went after the marble cake, which is really delish.
Must say Iva's is rather good at baking.

Oh no. I just miss them and their place. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment