Sunday 28 April 2013

Packing Tips

It rains a lot in Germany during summer but Freiburg is special case, it's the sunniest city in Germany.
That is what I get from my reading.
Wrong!
I was greeted with thunderstorm on my second day there.

and the weekdays in the first 2 weeks were mostly gloomy.
I packed only for summer and nearly die of cold. twice
Once when we were hiking in black forest. thanks Allah Nerea lent me her top and thanks Iva for the umbrella.
The second one when I was walking with closed eyes in Stuttgart after an overnight assisting an emergency surgery. This one, thanks Allah, it's summer and all shops r on sales frenzy.

So pack summer clothes and please dump in also a windbreaker and a piece of warm cloth. u can thank me later
For the internship, I dont need my own labcoat, they gave me a pair of hideous uniform and I can change it how much I want.
If you hv orthostatic intolerance like me and you know u r getting yourself into surgery department, go ask the nurse for compression socks.
Just pack a basic toiletris for one r two day because in Freiburg, the drugstore is AWESOME. they got a range of choices in term of brands and sizes and prices.
Maybe bring a notebook and pen to scribble down what you want. I had a lot to pen down ~ my learning curve is surgery is vertical in July 2012.
It's nice if you can bring something for your host. after all, for me, Iva, Chris and Louisa have been a super great host and I have learnt a lot on how to treat guest from them.
Unless you are touching down on a Sunday, of which everything closes down except for a few restaurant, you don't have to worry about starving yourself.

Last but not least, bring your courage and willingness to meet new things and have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment