Saturday 15 June 2013

Strasbourg

Strasbourg is the first place I visit when I was on the exchange.
Chris walked me on that Saturday morning to the train station. I had the best host didn't I?
We (IFMSA exchangees) went on the trip with ERASMUS students and few locals.

It is the first time I met Aida and Emina. Jaime, on the other hand has met both of them at dinner the same evening I went to Mugorsky concert.
"isn't it boring?" bahahaha. 
Such question at first meeting. At long last, I met someone identical.

Anyway we went to the dock because we were supposed to go on the boat tour but we have half an hour to spare so we hit the square and the shops.
Another ERASMUS student joined us 4.
A : What is your name?
ERASMUS : Nico
A : Nico.hahaha. In Montenogrean, nico means nobody.
Hahaha, poor boy. And to add insult to injury, we lost him later at the same place after the boat ride.

Liebe A with her 2euro icecream. behind is the laughterbox. =p
The boat ride is okay seeing that we had minimal time.
All I know is that I want to go to Colmar. I have never even heard of Strasbourg while it is the main city of Alsace. Since passing Geography for PMR, I have been geographically challenged (I had to consult map when I got to know that I will be living in Czech)
Famous landmark in Strasbourg

After the boat ride, we had about 3 hours (if I remember correctly) to comb the city on our own. Oh yes, with an A4 sized printed out map. 
The map is in black and white and leftme cringe for the quality. But it saw us through the city.
Typical picture taken on a tour boat
The girls discovered Asian clothes shop (cheap stuff, eye catcher. plus, on summer sale) just after we diverted out of the town square.
We intended to go to Little France but never arrived. But we arrived at the signpost, so that will do because we are running late for our meeting, and according to the map, it is at the other end of where we are.
Long way to the restaurant
We found our way into the restaurant where the other people has already finished their flamkuchen.
It is my first time meeting people studying other things than medicine, pharmacy and dentistry.
One of them is an economic student, and from Spain if I may add.
They called themselves poor but they are so optimistic about it saying sth like they will just make do with it.
Too bad I didnt have any Malaysian coin with me (I didnt even have it to save my ass because I needed to call home after landing in KLIA and missed the last flight home because my Czech line didnt work once upon a time ago)
look at those delicious bundt pan. alas, the weight put me off. =(
We were running late. and mind you we were with the Germans (wide stride, punctual people).
A step on the banana skin, some jostling from the Germans and many rushed steps later, we arrived to thankfully empty platform because the train was delayed.
It has been a good day and the girls still so energetic and planned to meet the ERASMUS later near midnight.
Though they went out that night, they never did meet. bahaha, and I had a good time in my room, looking at the stars hanging over Black Forest.


I like the medieval street with the signposts

No comments:

Post a Comment