Tuesday 16 October 2012

Vocabulary

I went on the exchange not even knowing what one is in German.
I came out of the exchange knowing just 2 numbers in german ~ein, drei

anyway, here's the words that I catched on during my brief stay
1. Scheiße.  I heard a lot of it in and out of the hospital. To think that I don't know a single Czech curse after 4 years and picking up German's curse word in less than a month.
2. genau. In case you don't know, I was in most of the half an hour morning meeting conducted fully in German. Only that I need to grow balls to mouth out the word genau as I like in the meeting.
3 ach so. refer to the comment above
4. guten morgen
5. tschüs
6. mein liebe gott I remember this one because it replaced Scheiße after the situation turned very tense during the late night emergency operation
7. danke because honestly it's ok if you don't know what 1 is in other language but not knowing thank you in other language is unthinkable.
8. bitte it's equal to "u r welcome". can also be used as excuse me i.e. you zoned out and didn't even hear what the other person is talking about. so you say bitte and the person will kindly repeat what he/she just said




9. achtung I swear by the ECG sticker it washes off the machoness of hewhoshallnotbenamed when he said this word
10. blut because I go around sucking people blood
11. kleine vampirette. refer num 10
12. nein
13. schwein
14. fleisch
15. montag, dienstag, mitwoch, donnerstag, freitag,samstag,sonnstag
16. klein
17. gross
The figure : das ist gross. the zeppelin balloon : das ist klein

18. assistentarzt/assistentarztin . arzt/arztin (a notch up the career ladder), obarzt/obarztin (the big fishes)
19. famulant/famulantin oh it's me!
20. herzzentrum
21. kinder

But can you believe it?I still don't know the apology in German. To think of the veins that I missed and the nerve that my needle touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment