Monday 3 September 2012

Arrival

I flew into Basel Euroairport with Swiss Air. I guess I can always hop on a bus from Prague which can be cheaper but the plane ticket price is quite reasonable. A night train is another option but it's more expensive than flight and takes much much longer.

Took the airport bus to Freiburg. I bought return ticket. You can also opt for carpooling, which I got to know later. Euroairport is just an hour away from Freiburg compared to Frankfurt which is 2 hours away by train.

The bus was stifling hot. It has no air conditioner so I got a free sauna for an hour in the middle of summer.

Iva, Chris's girlfriend was waiting for me at the station. I am to stay with both of them the whole exchange period. I lug my luggage to the bus stop which is ~200m away and took the bus with Iva to Bierenweg. It costed me 2.5 euro.

I was ushered into their tiny but amazing apartment and into my room for 5 weeks.
I am so excited at both and they deserve a post on their own.
I hate unpacking so after a much needed shower, Iva brought me to Lidl, which is next to the apartment building to do a compulsory grocery shopping.
I arrived on Saturday and all the supermarket closed on Sunday.

Afterwards, we went to Seepark, a fairly big park with a big manmade lake in the middle.
The closed aquatic centre is right next to the park.
People sunbathed, barbequed and relaxing.
There was a bridge with giant floated fibre balls where people stretch a line and do the walk on a thread thingie. Some jumped into the water from the bridge.
Everything look very similar to the living condition that I want.
However I don't think the lake water is good for swimming.

We walked back and I asked Iva if the fruit on the tree is edible.

I've never tried it.
We only eat the fruit we bought.
But if you want to eat the fruit from the tree, you have to wash it first because the fox peed on it.
It has sth to do with the parasite.
Those were what Iva told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment