Monday 3 September 2012

The Outcoming

My local IFMSA stuck a notice on the board, listing the countries and the date and place of the English test.
I was ridiculing the fact that the English test is all it takes to qualify for the test.
I have no idea what they mean by English test.
I mean, hello, I am here alright. Do you think I should be here if my English doesn't suffice?

I have no idea that the English test is hard.
It's like I am taking DELF all over again, except this time I was listening to voice recording in English.
Do you know how horrible the quality is when it's amplified in a main lecture hall?
Plus I have to fill in the blanks in the paragraph.
I ditched that task more than 10 years and now at 22, I have to do it again.
Serve me right for ridiculing the test.

Anyway, I guess my mark is ok seeing that I am listed in the top 20.
Yes, they don't bother to put your mark. I guess they just want to make you feel better.
Apart from qualifying me for the exchange, I also got a paper saying that I pass my English test. Hello my English teachers! =)

So the priority to choose country is given to those with highest mark and so on.
That means if your mark is horrible, you either don't get a spot at all or you ended up with unpopular places.

You then pay a lump of 8000kc, fill in the forms electronically and on paper.
Requirements depends on the place that you want to go to.
The local team checked my documents and hand me a set of handbook, guidebook and identity card.

I did visa application and transportation independently. Basically the IFMSA people help about the accommodation and arrangement for the clinical practise in the hospital. I like the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment