Monday 3 September 2012

Where To Go

I know the grass is not necessarily greener on the other part but then I am sure the grass is different in other aspects.

Taiwan looks promising ~ fairly near Malaysia, more authentic Chinese culture. What set me back is the language. Mandarin sounds familiar but fact is I only read romanized alphabet and Arabic abjad. Chinese characters? Look yes, read no.

Then comes Indonesia. It's smacked next to Malaysia and I've never been there. We are traced to the same root but there's still significant difference in our culture. And the fact that I can eat most of the food and the mutually intelligible language, which means I can get the most out of the clinical practise.

I found out Korea has started offering places for exchange. Definitely a first choice. I fancy Korean culture and I know the best way to be involved is via living with the people, not just visiting the country.

Among all country offered, Germany is said to have the highest quality of exchange. That's the only enticing factor versus the list of cons ~ Euro, next to Czech Republic, most Germans don't fancy speaking English.

Greece has never made it on the list of country I want to go to. But I want to know why so many people want to go there.

And topping the list is Egypt. I've heard loads of story about it. I want to see the mummies, sail on the Nile, experience the rich culture.Surely, being a Muslim, going to Egypt is a bonus.

So where do I ended up?

Taiwan  picked by somebody with higher mark in the English test. Yeah English test. More on that later
Indonesia  Mom said no. Reasons ~ earthquake, the anti-Malaysian spirit running in most Indonesians
Korea  not found in the list
Germany! because the sole plus point it has. I see that sometime I can be very reasonable XD
Greece  the feedback I read is far from good. The quality is far below average ~ both of the practise and local committee
Egypt  the political unrest. just fresh after a very hot presidential election. so mom says no.

I know if I shall get Germany, I am going to pick Freiburg or Heilderberg. But they asked me to fill in 3 choices so I put Rostock as well.
One month prior to my scheduled exchange month, I got the invitation letter from Freiburg. This gonna be a really packed July and a month of travelling. Freiburg is a first choice with a reason.

Munster in Freiburg

No comments:

Post a Comment