Wednesday 5 September 2012

My Room

I fall in love at first sight. The moment I stepped into the room, I can't believe that I finally found a room that I've been coveting.

Never mind the fact that the original owner is a guy.
It has got a sofa bed. with a huugggeee world map on the wall
A roomy table with pigeonholes filled with various minis perched on the wall next to it.
A white rack where I stuffed my vanities and folded clothes.
A display glass cabinet.
andddddddd
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
a KEYBOARD.
not that I am literate at playing it though.
The owner is a classical music lover so the music books read the ancient names only.

I am a slouch at decorating, so my space is all about practicality.
Well, there are the gifts from the people in my life sitting on the book rack, looking really out of place.
But this room has given me inspiration to tone down a bit the android personality of my own room.

There are about 4 lights in the room.
The ceiling IKEA lamp.
The multistemmed table lamp.
The study lamp.
And the star lamp.

I couldn't sleep in the dark back in Hradec so for the first few nights, I alternately lit up the table lamp and the starlamp.
But since I tried to comply with the ecoconscious spirit that runs deep in Freiburg, it seems that I sleep better in dark in Freiburg.

There were 2 posters stuck on the door and originally the arrangement is that when I sleep, I will face the posters.
The one on the bottom is Thieme poster.
But what I am more aware of is the top one.

Room is messy because I am unpacking.
Einstein skull!!!
I am not going to wake up in the middle of the night to that sight. Especially not when I wake up from nightmare.
So I made the wise choice and go to sleep and wake up to the scenery of Black Forest.

I don't live alone in the room.
There's 2 other occupants.
I nearly killed one of them. Unintentionally.
From what I heard, this unlucky one already survived worse near death at the hand of another lady.

Well the other occupants are the coffee plant and some type of plant that look like the head of pineapple.
The unlucky one is the former.
All it needs is regular watering and I don't even realise it lives with me to water him everyday.
Luckily Chris saw the flaccid leaves.
His horror face teamed with faint no!no!no! puzzled me.
It's not until Chris came back with the water spray and head for the pot that I realize what all the fuss is about.

I am deeply sorry for that.
But I didn't forget to catch the glimpse of it before I leave for good.
It looks healthy in the care of its owner.
Yeah, Chris took the plant into the other room, where the other lady is. =p
You can see the plant on the photo above.
Some of the collections

No comments:

Post a Comment